The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Installing Amix on FS-UAE, English Amiga Users's thread
@ 2017-04-28  3:33 Michael Huff
From: Michael Huff @ 2017-04-28  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm this close to figuring out how to get netbsd to work on fs-uae with
no prior amiga experience. Searching around the English Amiga Users's
board for clues, I found a guide on downloading and installing Amix.
Complete with amix download links. Haven't tried it myself -I'm still
working on my bsd tangent. But for anyone interested:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86480

* [TUHS] Installing Amix on FS-UAE, English Amiga Users's thread
@ 2017-04-28  4:36 ` Erik Berls
From: Erik Berls @ 2017-04-28  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cool.  I know that some of the original postmasters are still lurking
about, even if they are no longer active on any of the public lists.

I’ve been in a little fight trying to get NetBSD/next68k up and
running on Previous. There are just enough things unsupported in the
emulator that make things difficult (eg: it fakes the network quite a
bit, so no net booting). A few delays have prevented me from imaging
drives off from either of the slabs or cubes I have. Once I figure
whats actually going on I’ll code and commit a base image builder.

I ended up on Previous because the XMAME support for the black
hardware wasn’t up to par, maybe it’s Amiga support is better?

--
Erik Berls

* [TUHS] Installing Amix on FS-UAE, English Amiga Users's thread
@ 2017-04-29  1:27 ` Jason Stevens
From: Jason Stevens @ 2017-04-29  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've installed it years ago on WinUAE, it was all exciting and Toni was implimenting the MMU well enough to run stuff like Enforcer, NetBSD and of course, AMIX.  The bummer is that tape image floating around is 2 user only.  So it's really not that practical of a SYSV.  A/UX on Shoebill is a more competent UNIX.

Funny how m68k Unix ruled at one point and now it's dropped off the face of the world