On 08/30/2018 07:09 PM, Cornelius Keck wrote: > I'm playing with the idea of hooking up a modem to my wireline phone. > I'd like to keep an eye on my late mother-in-law's place remotely. Best > I can get out there is DSL, and it ain't snappy, so one idea is to get > two Telebit Trailblazer modems, one here, one out there, dial into the > place, pull imagery via UUCP. Trailies spoof UUCP natively, and they > deal nicely with bad connectivity. One could take that one step further > and bring back a bit of Usenet. That sounds like an interesting project. I'd personally like to shoulder surf or read periodic updates, possibly a blog or twitter? ;-) I don't see how RetroNet can help with that connection. It sounds like you've already got a good plan in place. That being said, I do think that you could have a RetroNet … node (?term?) … at your house and then pass news feeds / email / etc over your Telebit UUCP extension. — I see no reason why that wouldn't work. If you want to do such, cool. How can I / we help? -- Grant. . . . unix || die