The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: "Henry Mensch" <henry@henare.com>
To: "'Clem Cole'" <clemc@ccc.com>, <arnold@skeeve.com>
Cc: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: [TUHS] Re: ACM opens up much of its archives
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 13:09:10 -0400	[thread overview]

Unsure of your location, but it is likely that you can get your local public (!) library to “ILL” (interlibrary loan) items … including journal items … for you. It’s not instant access, but if you’re retired then this may be good enough.

> even though I'm a long-time ACM (and IEEE) member.

If you’re a *current* member of these societies then you should have good access to journal content.

>FWIW: the single item that I am the proudest of when I was USENIX President was opening access to its entire library to everyone - members or otherwise.

I have used this in the past, so thank you for being way ahead of your time.

*	Henry Mensch