The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Roland via TUHS <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
To: TUHS main list <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Unix for PDP11/20 w/o mmu or paging option
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:44:42 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

There is a KT11B paging option that makes the PDP11/20 a 18 bit machine. It looks a bit like the TC11 DECtape controller. I've got the schematics from the internet. But I have no idea how it compares to the later MMU units from the software perspective.Love to see them and if you know where you found them.
Al has put them online once.
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1120/KT11-B_EngrDrws_Feb72.pdfhttp://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1120/KT11-B_OD_Apr71.pdf

The V1 work was for a PDP-7 and is before the first 11/20 was secured.  The point is that I think there is a hole in the the SW we have.
I just looked again at what Warren has -- it is the 11/20 assembler code that Dennis scanned.  I have forgotten that we still had that.   I wonder if it had the KS-11 stuff in it.   I'll have to peek

I wonder is there is some compatibility with the KT11-B
Regards, Roland

rrrjj