The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] running unix v7 on a pdp emulator
@ 2007-01-03 10:51 Karim Hamidou
From: Karim Hamidou @ 2007-01-03 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Happy new year.

My name is karim hamidou and i'm french (you've surely
noticed that my prose isn't bright) and i'd like to
run unix v7 on the pdp emulator sim-2.3.

Do you know how to run it ?

I hope that my question isn't quite inappropriate.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

http://mail.yahoo.com

* [TUHS] running unix v7 on a pdp emulator
@ 2007-01-03 11:23 ` David
From: David @ 2007-01-03 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> My name is karim hamidou and i'm french (you've surely
> noticed that my prose isn't bright) and i'd like to
> run unix v7 on the pdp emulator sim-2.3.
>
> Do you know how to run it ?

Hello,

Bob Supnik made a new open-source multi-platform emulator
called SIMH. The website is: http://simh.trailing-edge.com

There is "software kits" for many platforms supported
by SIMH. Unix 7 for PDP-11 is included. They are available
here: http://simh.trailing-edge.com/software.html

The accompanying documentation is available here:
http://simh.trailing-edge.com/pdf/simh_swre.pdf

It is very easy to set-up systems with these kits and this
documentation.

You will be able to run Unix 7 with SIMH soon.

I hope to have helped you.

I am french too :-)

--
David

* [TUHS] running unix v7 on a pdp emulator
@ 2007-01-03 11:37 ` Hellwig Geisse
From: Hellwig Geisse @ 2007-01-03 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Karim,

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 02:51 -0800, Karim Hamidou wrote:
> i'd like to run unix v7 on the pdp emulator sim-2.3.

perhaps you would like to take a look into my package
(original UNIX tape files, tape file converter, simh
simulator, simulator script files, instructions how to
get things running, and a file extractor) located here:

http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~hg53/pdp11-unix/

Good luck!
Hellwig