The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] qed-archive - please reclone
@ 2019-01-30 16:22 arnold
From: arnold @ 2019-01-30 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hi All.

I had a bad commit message in the qed-archive I mentioned here a few weeks
ago.  I fixed it with a 'git push --force' (even though that's not
recommended) since I expect it to be a read-only archive going forward,
and I wanted it to be right.

In short, if you cloned it, please remove your copy and reclone.

Thanks!

Arnold

* Re: [TUHS] qed-archive - please reclone
@ 2019-01-30 19:14 ` Donald ODona
From: Donald ODona @ 2019-01-30 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arnold; +Cc: tuhs

At 30 Jan 2019 16:24:09 +0000 (+00:00) from arnold@skeeve.com:
> Hi All.
>
> I had a bad commit message in the qed-archive I mentioned here a few weeks
>
> Arnold
I cloned & tar'ed it. If any trouble (broken source or something), just mail me.

* Re: [TUHS] qed-archive - please reclone
@ 2019-01-30 19:16 ` Steffen Nurpmeso
From: Steffen Nurpmeso @ 2019-01-30 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

arnold@skeeve.com wrote in <201901301622.x0UGMpP0028555@freefriends.org>:
 |Hi All.
 |
 |I had a bad commit message in the qed-archive I mentioned here a few weeks
 |ago.  I fixed it with a 'git push --force' (even though that's not
 |recommended) since I expect it to be a read-only archive going forward,
 |and I wanted it to be right.
 |
 |In short, if you cloned it, please remove your copy and reclone.

Just "fetch -f" over your "push -f" commits, no need to reclone.

 --End of <201901301622.x0UGMpP0028555@freefriends.org>

--steffen