The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: aps@ieee.org (Armando Stettner)
Subject: [TUHS] History of strncpy
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:24:26 -0600	[thread overview]

I also second/support Ron's and uh Clem's view.  In addition to zeroing out the inumber field, "removing" a file decremented the reference count in the i-node causing it to be freed (not cleared) when the reference count went to zero.  There was no strncpy() in the kernel.  Was there a strcpy() (other than a macro) in the kernel??  Long live movtuc.

Begin forwarded message: