The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS]  Has dmr's home page moved?
@ 2011-07-27  0:17 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2011-07-27  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Warren:

  I went to Dennis' home page this morning to find something, and it seems
  to be gone. The URL I'm using is http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/

=======

Looks like there has been substantial reorganization of
the company's web pages, doubtless to reflect reorganization
of the company itself.

I dug around to see where personal web pages seem to be now,
and tried some obvious guesses, and still couldn't find Dennis's
stuff.

I've sent a query to someone on the inside; I'll report back
if I find the answer.

It might be worth trying the Wayback Machine in the mean time.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON

* [TUHS] Has dmr's home page moved?
       [not found] ` <1311721649.12622.29.camel@papa>
@ 2011-07-27 21:51 ` Jose R. Valverde
From: Jose R. Valverde @ 2011-07-27 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW, just tried it (the original home page) and it works, must have been some
temporary glitch or other.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:53:30 +1000
Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
> I went to Dennis' home page this morning to find something, and it seems
> to be gone. The URL I'm using is http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/
>
> Does anybody know if it's moved or, if not, who to contact to fix it?
> I'm actually after the hi-res version of the photo with dmr and ken
> at the PDP-11/20 console. I think I have a copy cached away. If not, does
> anybody else have a copy?
>
> Cheers,
> 	Warren

			EMBnet/CNB
		Scientific Computing Service
	Solving all your computer needs for Scientific
			Research.

		http://bioportal.cnb.csic.es
		  http://www.es.embnet.org

@ 2011-07-27 21:47 ` Jose R. Valverde
From: Jose R. Valverde @ 2011-07-27 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try http://www.landley.net/history/mirror/collate/index-ritchie.html

The picture is attached to this e-mail. All hail Saint Google!

From: Warren Toomey @ 2011-07-26 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 01:07:29AM +0200, Hellwig Geisse wrote:
> I don't know if this is the resolution you are looking for:
> http://www.psych.usyd.edu.au/pdp-11/Images/ken-den.jpeg

No, there's a huge one around, something like 4000x3000 pixels.

Also, Dennis is the bearded one standing, and Ken is the beardless one
sitting, to answer Jason's question.

Cheers,
	Warren

* [TUHS] Has dmr's home page moved?