The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Unfortunately, time to limit things
@ 2017-03-06  0:52 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2017-03-06  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, I've been running the TUHS list since 1994 and it's always been an
open list. People can say what they want, and I rely on sense and courtesy
to ensure good behaviour. I think only once before I've had to hold and vet
an individual's postings.

However, I've seen undesirable behaviour recently on the list and I've had
a substantial amount of private correspondance about it. Therefore, I've
decided to hold and vet the postings of a few list members (i.e. >1).

I don't take this step lightly; in fact, I've dithered for a while on this.
But the new policy is: if you don't show respect to other members on the
TUHS list, I will hold and vet your postings. If your postings are respectful
then there will be no hold and vet.

I will e-mail the people involved. I feel disappointed to have taken this
step, but that's the way it is.

Cheers, Warren
* [TUHS] Unfortunately, time to limit things
@ 2017-03-06  7:43 ` Mutiny
From: Mutiny  @ 2017-03-06  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

thats right. I dislike all the Schilly bashing.&#39;I will e-mail the people involved. I feel disappointed to have taken thisstep, but that&#39;s the way it is.&#39;&nbsp;