The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Unix > 7?
@ 2003-10-31 22:45 Robertdkeys
From: Robertdkeys @ 2003-10-31 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

There exists in one of our listmembers archives the last
running V10 UNIX for VAX on I believe MVII or MVIII class
machines.  The availability of it remains a bit in limbo.
But, it would be nice to have that available in the public
archives, if I could make the suggestion.  I would be of
the opinion, also, that it would be nice to have them in
the publicly available arena for educational, hobby, or
whatever the current nomenclature is, use.  Perhaps
if that person is listening, the subject might be approachable
to whomever controls the legalese mumbo-jumbo.  It is a
long-shot, but ya never know if ya don't ask.....(:+}}...

Bob Keys

* [TUHS] Unix > 7?
@ 2003-10-31 15:48 Mirian Crzig Lennox
From: Mirian Crzig Lennox @ 2003-10-31 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apologies if this is a FAQ, but is there any prayer of getting 8th,
9th and 10th edition Unix released under some sort of public or
educational licence?

Now that there are emulators freely available which are capable of
running 32V-derived Unix, there would be some practical educational
value in having them available; and I for one would be utterly
thrilled to be able to see them "in action" (as well as see more of
the evolutionary steps from research Unix on to Plan 9).

cheers,
--Mirian