The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Chaos networking in 8th edition (and in 7th)
@ 2020-05-18 21:52 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2020-05-18 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Paul Ruizendaal:

  Was Chaos networking in use at the labs, or is it just an artifact
  present on the surviving tape?

===

I don't recall any use of Chaos in 1127.  Possibly one of
the nearby groups who also used the Research system needed
it at some point, perhaps before my time (I arrived in
August 1984).

I certainly don't remember anyone raising objections to
discarding it.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON

* Re: [TUHS] Chaos networking in 8th edition (and in 7th)
@ 2020-05-20  3:29 Doug McIlroy
From: Doug McIlroy @ 2020-05-20  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

>> I don't recall any use of Chaos in 1127.  Possibly one of
>> the nearby groups who also used the Research system needed
>> it at some point

> Speculating wildly, maybe there was a Lisp machine somewhere?

None that I can remember.

Doug

* [TUHS] Chaos networking in 8th edition (and in 7th)
@ 2020-05-18 21:01 Paul Ruizendaal
From: Paul Ruizendaal @ 2020-05-18 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list