The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Adam Thornton <athornton@gmail.com>
To: Paul Riley <paul@rileyriot.com>
Cc: tuhs <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Unix on DEC AlphaServer 4000
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 21:27:51 -0700	[thread overview]

> On Sep 18, 2020, at 8:26 PM, Paul Riley <paul@rileyriot.com> wrote:
>
> I have an opportunity to buy a DEC AlphaServer. Is there a version of Unix which will run on this?

Plenty: Digital Unix, NetBSD, or Linux all come to mind.

But I mean, those are kinda boring because they’re Unix which you can run on anything (I mean, sorry, TUHS, but…it’s not like we didn’t win the ubiquity wars).  If you have an Alpha, run OpenVMS!  VSI’s hobbyist license program is supplying licenses now.

Adam