The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* 2.9BSD & Pro: another version
@ 1999-02-23  5:25 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 1999-02-23  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Wellsch has just uploaded a set of RX50 disk images containing
2.9BSD for the Pro 350 to the PUPS Archive. You can find them in

	Distributions/ucb/2.9bsd4pro350-kcwellsc

He says:

	I believe the RX50 is actually 80 tracks with 10 sectors per track,
	thus yielding 800 blocks per disk.  I think the first track is
	reserved and thus Venix would not let me at it.  Hopefully I have
	not also lost additional information here too.

All the 34 disk images he sent in are 790 blocks long. Can anybody
tell us if we will need to recover track 0 to make these images useful?

At the very least, I've managed to find the pcreg.h file out of the
images (cat */*.rx50 | less -B), so I'm getting closer at recompiling
the 2.9/Pro kernel.

Cheers,
	Warren

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:00:54 +0100 (CET)
From: Jesper Nilsson <jesper@df.lth.se>
To: PDP Unix Preservation Society <pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au>
Subject: SCO Source license tainting?
Sender: owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au

Tjo!

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with:

I'm thinking about getting myself a SCO Source license,
but I'm worried that I might get "tainted" by this
since my day job involves writing operating systems...
My employer would not appreciate getting sued because of
my hobbies...:-)

Has anyone done research about this aspect of the license?

My goals are twofold, running an older Unix version on my PDP-11's,
and of course I want to peruse the source of the classic versions.

/^JN - Jesper Nilsson
--
              I've heard of UNIseX, but I've never had it.
                  Jesper Nilsson -- jesper at df.lth.se

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-02-23  5:25 UTC | newest]