The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* Access to PUPS Archive
       [not found] <Pine.3.89.9909300949.A26346-0100000@crue.jdwarren.com>
@ 1999-10-01  2:11 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 1999-10-01  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article by Lord Isildur:
> hello,
>
> alas, i do not have an account on the PUPS Archive machine! could i have one?
> i remember vaguely something about requiring pgp-signed stuff, and i dont
> use pgp, and so dont have a public (or any other) key.
> isildur

Here's the policy for the machine holding the PUPS Archive:

        + People with UNIX source licenses can get at least
          guest FTP access to the archive, with S/Key as the
          authentication mechanism.

        + People with UNIX source licenses, and who either
          help to maintain the archive, or who have volunteered
          to distribute the archive, can get ssh access to the
          machine.

        + No telnet access, no e-mail. The box runs with `reserved
          tolerance' from the real system administrators :-)

If you fall into either category, and can prove you have a UNIX source
license, then I can either PGP e-mail you, or fax you, the access
details.

Apologies for the cross-post to the 3 old UNIX-related mailing lists!

Cheers,
        Warren

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-10-01  2:11 UTC | newest]