The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] DG/UX details?
@ 2019-10-01 22:40 Chris Hanson
From: Chris Hanson @ 2019-10-01 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

I’ve seen it said a couple of places that the DG/UX kernel was an almost complete rewrite and rather well-done.

Have any details been preserved? There’s not a whole lot out there that I’ve been able to find about DG/UX or the AViiON workstation series (whether 88K or Intel x86).

  -- Chris

PS - I’ve found that  my asking around has prompted some people to put things online, so may as well keep asking in various places. :)

* Re: [TUHS] DG/UX details?
@ 2019-10-02 13:50 ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2019-10-02 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Hanson; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM Chris Hanson <cmhanson@eschatologist.net>
wrote:

> I’ve seen it said a couple of places that the DG/UX kernel was an almost
> complete rewrite and rather well-done.

Indeed - we worked with it at Locus and was one of the simplest kernels to
add things too.  The locks were easy to understand and it was well
documented/thought out.

> Have any details been preserved? There’s not a whole lot out there that
> I’ve been able to find about DG/UX or the AViiON workstation series
> (whether 88K or Intel x86).

Never seen it in the wild, sadly.  Hope it does appear at some point.

>   -- Chris
>
> PS - I’ve found that  my asking around has prompted some people to put
> things online, so may as well keep asking in various places. :)

+1

* Re: [TUHS] DG/UX details?
@ 2019-10-02 14:02   ` David
From: David @ 2019-10-02 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)