The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Plan 9 published manuals
@ 2020-09-15 19:13 Al Kossow
From: Al Kossow @ 2020-09-15 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383710751719

how rare are these? $150 seems like a lot of money to spend on them

* Re: [TUHS] Plan 9 published manuals
@ 2020-09-15 20:32 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2020-09-15 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Kossow; +Cc: TUHS main list

That's for the 2nd Edition. Those are fairly rare. I once traded a
sweatshirt to Rob Pike for a copy of those (and a few swag T-shirts so I
wouldn't get too cold taking the train back to New York City from MH).

        - Dan C.

@ 2020-09-15 21:38 ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2020-09-15 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Kossow; +Cc: tuhs

Al Kossow writes:

> how rare are these? $150 seems like a lot of money to spend on them

AFAIK they only shipped with a licensed copy of the 2nd Edition of
Plan 9, so they aren't that common.  Sadly I lost my set a decade
ago :-(

$150 is probably a realistic value, given their rarity.  Of course
Abebooks has completely destroyed the used book marketplace, so
it's impossible to accurately value anything that's out of print
these days.

--lyndon