The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Jason Stevens <jsteve@superglobalmegacorp.com>
To: SPC <spedraja@gmail.com>, "tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org" <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] ISO, OSI, and DECnet (was Re: If not Linux, then what?)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:54:13 +0800	[thread overview]

Although I never have seen OSI in the wild, it was the one great thing about ‘Winsock’ is that it worked over TCP/IP , IPX/SPX, AppletTalk and Decnet.  It was fun to convert a BBS from being telnet to some ‘telnet over decnet’ monster I built.

Although I’m guessing OSI would have allowed for common ‘network’ applications to use different network topologies?

I really need to get OSF/1 2.0 installed.