On 30/08/2021 00:09, Henry Bent wrote: > On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 at 18:13, Jon Steinhart > wrote: > > I recently upgraded my machines to fc34.  I just did a stock > uncomplicated installation using the defaults and it failed miserably. > > Fc34 uses btrfs as the default filesystem so I thought that I'd > give it > a try. > > > ... cut out a lot about how no sane person would want to use btrfs ... > > > Or, as Saturday Night Live might put it:  And now, linux, starring the > not ready for prime time filesystem.  Seems like something that's been > under development for around 15 years should be in better shape. > > > To my way of thinking this isn't a Linux problem, or even a btrfs > problem, it's a Fedora problem.  They're the ones who decided to > switch their default filesystem to something that clearly isn't ready > for prime time. This. Even the Arch wiki makes it clear that btrfs isn't ready for prime time. It's still under very heavy development - not really something you want for a filesystem, particularly one storing a large amount of critical data. John