The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] missing V6 Docs
@ 2001-05-01 22:19 Wolfgang Helbig
From: Wolfgang Helbig @ 2001-05-01 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

In "SETTING UP UNIX - Sixth Edition" some documents are mentioned
that are not in the V6 distribution (v6doc in from Dennis or the
corresponding part of the tape from Ken Wellsch). These are:
(numbers from the cover page)

	10. NROFF Users' Manual
	12. A Manual for the Tmg compiler-writing Language
	14. The M6 Macro Processor
	15. A System for Typewriting Mathematics
	16. DC - An interactive desk calculator

Does anyone know, why these docs were not included in the distribution
if they are somewhere on minnies disks? I am only searching for the V6 docs,
not V7, where these files were distributed. Just curious.

Wolfgang

Subject: RE: [pups] missing V6 Docs
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:06:28 -0700
From: "Ian King" <iking@microsoft.com>
To: "Wolfgang Helbig" <helbig at Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>,
        <pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au>
Sender: owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au

I recall stumbling across them in an odd place in Ken Wellsch's
distribution.  I'll try to remember to look when I get home (it's on my
PDP-11) and send another mail -- Ian

In "SETTING UP UNIX - Sixth Edition" some documents are mentioned that
are not in the V6 distribution (v6doc in from Dennis or the
corresponding part of the tape from Ken Wellsch). These are: (numbers
from the cover page)

	10. NROFF Users' Manual
	12. A Manual for the Tmg compiler-writing Language
	14. The M6 Macro Processor
	15. A System for Typewriting Mathematics
	16. DC - An interactive desk calculator

Does anyone know, why these docs were not included in the distribution
if they are somewhere on minnies disks? I am only searching for the V6
docs, not V7, where these files were distributed. Just curious.

Wolfgang

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-01 22:19 UTC | newest]