The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: bill@cs.scranton.edu (Bill Gunshannon)
Subject: [pups] The Software Tools Virtual Operating System
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:20:27 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Frank Mandarino wrote:

> Your posting brought back fond memories of running Ratfor and tools on
> an Interdata 8/32 during my University CO-OP work terms.
>
> I took a look around and found a copy of the Software Tools Package on a
> page called "Ken Yap's Links" at:
>
> 	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/9247/
>
> in the section entitled "Some source for compilers of historical
> interest".
>
> Hope this helps.

Sadly, this is just the stuf from the K&P book and not the Virtual OS.
The Virtual OS was considerably more than what K&P did but was built on
their ideas.  It is really sad to think that this, like so much else of
computing history, has been lost.  It should make people appreciate the
work of Warren and PUPS to preserve Unix even more!!

All the best.

bill

bill at cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |