The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: clefevre@citeweb.net (Cyrille Lefevre)
Subject: [pups] UNIX "time-line"
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:22:20 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

asmodai at unixware.org.uk wrote:
> I'm working on a UNIX time-line database.
> Its pretty basic atm - I've yet to hunt down the majority of SysV vendors
> out there.
>
> I'm currently looking for early releases, and V6/V7 offshoots (such as
> PWB).
> The data I'm looking for is vendor, strain, version, and date of release
> (such as AIX, version 4.3.2, released 05/10/1998, SVR4, IBM etc)
>
> Does anyone know of any sites that would give that kind of information for
> the V6/V7 and earlier releases?

I suppose you already known this link :)

	http://minnie.tuhs.org/TUHS/unixhist.html

not sure about this one (in french) :

	http://perso.wanadoo.fr/levenez/unix/

> The database is currently at http://www.unixware.org.uk/test.php.  There
> isn't much to look at atm, I've yet to code the PHP interface, thought it
> would be best to complete the database first though :-)

*BSD aren't up to date. you'll find last announcements here :

	http://clefevre.citeweb.net/freebsd/release.tgz

which is based on :

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/release/

but up to date.

> I'm hoping that, one day, it will contain a complete listing of all UNIX
> releases, clones, and offshoots... well, I can dream ;-)

Cyrille.
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:clefevre at citeweb.net