The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Re: UNIX-based Mallet(t)
       [not found] <20020108172809.M15074@iridium.mv.net>
@ 2002-01-08 22:38 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2002-01-08 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article by Mark E. Mallett:
> Somebody pointed me at this URL:
> http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/pups/2000-January/000152.html
>
> and others where the question of the UNIX-based mallet was being
> discussed.  It's me.. some time in the mid-80s I had submitted a
> number of entries to the calendar file and I had jokingly suggested
> that my birthday could also be included.  And apparently it was.
>
> I enjoy seeing it pop up every August.  I notice that some calendar
> files now actually explain it, which I think is a pity :-)
> --
> Mark E. Mallett                  |    http://www.mv.com/users/mem/
> MV Communications, Inc.          |    http://www.mv.com/
> NH Internet Access since 1991    |    (603) 629-0000 / FAX: 629-0049

I think a few people are going to be relieved to know the answer.
Can you tell us which versions of the calendar file actually explain
it, as I've not seen them.

Thanks for this,
	Warren

* [TUHS] Re: UNIX-based Mallet(t)
@ 2002-01-08 22:45   ` Mark E. Mallett
From: Mark E. Mallett @ 2002-01-08 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:38:53AM +1100, Warren Toomey wrote:
> In article by Mark E. Mallett:
> > Somebody pointed me at this URL:
> > http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/pups/2000-January/000152.html
> >
> > I enjoy seeing it pop up every August.  I notice that some calendar
> > files now actually explain it, which I think is a pity :-)
>
> I think a few people are going to be relieved to know the answer.
> Can you tell us which versions of the calendar file actually explain
> it, as I've not seen them.

The plural may have been premature-- the same somebody also sent me
this URL:

    http://www.cybernothing.org/pub/20-past/0814

A quick google search doesn't immediately turn up others, so maybe
it's just that one.

-mm-