The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Ancient UNIX now under a BSD license
@ 2002-01-24  0:25 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2002-01-24  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,
	Amazing news. I have been negotiating with Caldera to release the
Ancient UNIX under a BSD-style license. Well, they got it done faster
than I expected. See attached license.

I'll start removing the username/password stuff on the Unix Archive soon.

	Warren

From: Jonathan Engdahl @ 2002-01-24 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is wonderful! Congratulations and many thanks for the tremendous
contribution.

Hurrah for Caldera and Bill Broderick, too. Thank you.

--
Jonathan Engdahl                      Rockwell Automation
Principal Research Engineer           1 Allen-Bradley Drive
http://users.safeacess.com/engdahl    jrengdahl at safeaccess.com

* [TUHS] Re: [pups] Ancient UNIX now under a BSD license
@ 2002-01-24 15:29   ` Michael Davidson
From: Michael Davidson @ 2002-01-24 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonathan Engdahl wrote:

>That is wonderful! Congratulations and many thanks for the tremendous
>contribution.
>
>Hurrah for Caldera and Bill Broderick, too. Thank you.

In addition to Bill, a large debt of gratitude is also owed to Dion
Johnson, formerly of SCO,
now of Caldera.

Dion was the driving force at SCO behind the original release of  the
"Ancient UNIX" source
code and this final milestone was almost entirely his doing as well.

I don't believe that he subscribes to either of these lists and, even if
he does, he is far too
modest to take the credit for all of  the time and energy that he has
put into this project
behind the scenes,  but I want to make sure that it does not go
unrecognized.

If any of  you want to send a note of thanks to him personally, his
email address  is:

dionj at caldera.com