The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] Re: PWB licensing
       [not found] <1015356632.3c851cd832201@w3.fwn.rug.nl>
@ 2002-03-05 22:17 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2002-03-05 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article by Lars Buitinck:
> ftp://minnie.tuhs.org/UnixArchive/COPYRIGHTS
> says "See Caldera-license.pdf for [Caldera's] license conditions
> for thrse [sic] systems," where "these systems" includes PWB.
> The Caldera license doesn't even mention PWB.  It's (apparently)
> still illegal to copy PWB (unless they consider it a version of
> V6?).  I don't think they'll prosecute you for it (:-) but I'd
> change it anyway.
> Lars

I think the phrase `successor systems' covers PWB, as PWB is derived
from 6th Edition. Yes, I suppose we could ask for Mini-UNIX, PWB,
Mert, RT and TS also to be added to the list.

Cheers,
	Warren

P.S I'll fix thrse at least :)

* [pups] Re: PWB licensing
       [not found] <6F63E31101C6D41196490008C7B2BFC304B4E5@mwnt4.microwalt.nl>
@ 2002-03-06 21:25 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2002-03-06 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article by Fred N. van Kempen:
> Isn't PWB more closely related to USG and/or Sys III ?
> --f

SysIII is related to PWB and TS, which means both PWB and TS came
before SysIII and so are covered by the Caldera license.

I still have a number of PWB `things' in the archive: supposed releases,
parts of releases, etc. I need to sit down one day and try to reconstitute
a canonical release set from these bits and pieces.

	Warren