The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] Dilog DQ686, anyone?
@ 2002-08-18 21:59 Fred N. van Kempen
From: Fred N. van Kempen @ 2002-08-18 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey gang,

Does anyone have an online manual or other info for the DQ686
ESDI disk controller from Dilog?  I'm trying to fix a VAX 4,
which as that beastie...

Thanks,
	Fred

* [pups] Dilog DQ686, anyone?
@ 2002-08-19  9:20 ` Jochen Kunz
From: Jochen Kunz @ 2002-08-19  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 11:59:02PM +0200, Fred N. van Kempen wrote:

> Does anyone have an online manual or other info for the DQ686
> ESDI disk controller from Dilog?  I'm trying to fix a VAX 4,
> which as that beastie...
I have a DQ686 in my MicroVAX III runing 4.3BSD-Tahoe and a DQ696
in my PDP11/83 runing 2.11BSD. I don't have a manual for them.
All I have is a .txt that describes the DIP switch settings of
the DQ696 and the commands to invoke the firmware setup of the DQ686:
>>>D/P/L 20088004 80000001 <cr>
>>>D/P/W 20001f40 20 <cr>
>>>D/P/W 2000146a 3FFF <cr>
>>>S 200 <CR>
[or for GPX version]
>>>S 218 <cr>

If you can get the description of the DIP switch settings of
the DQ686, please part with us. :-)
--

tsch��,
         Jochen

* [pups] Dilog DQ686, anyone?
@ 2002-08-18 23:58 Carl Lowenstein
From: Carl Lowenstein @ 2002-08-18 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: "Fred N. van Kempen" <Fred.van.Kempen at microwalt.nl>
> To: <pups at minnie.tuhs.org>
> Subject: [pups] Dilog DQ686, anyone?
>
> Hey gang,
>
> Does anyone have an online manual or other info for the DQ686
> ESDI disk controller from Dilog?  I'm trying to fix a VAX 4,
> which as that beastie...

There is a manual for the DQ696, which is essentially the same thing
except it controls 2 drives not 4.  It was last seen by me at

< http://www.miim.com/documents/dilog/dq696.zip >.

It is zip-compressed MSWord.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenst at ucsd.edu