The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca (David Evans)
Subject: [pups] 2.11BSD device config trouble
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:59:36 -0400	[thread overview]

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:23:49PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2003.04.30 15:40 David Evans wrote:
>
> >   I didn't see my other post go through;
> I got it only via private mail.

  Ahh, OK--misfire on my part.

> > have you tried adding some comments
> > to the end of this line?  Perhaps the autoconfig parser becomes
> > confused if there aren't any.
> Hmm.
> [...]
> I added comments at the end of the lines and now it works:
>
> April 30 17:29:29 init: configure system
>
> dhv ? csr 160440 vector 310 didn't interrupt.

  OK--that at least fixed the "three handlers" (or whatever) error message.
I haven't looked in detail at the parsing code for autoconfig so I don't
know why this is happening.  I may poke at it tonight if I have the energy,
though of course Steve has the knowledge to do it more easily.  :-)

> But still trouble with the dhv. Maybe wrong interrupt vector too?

  It's possible that your DHV board is simply strapped for something other
than 310.

> Normaly I use the console for booting only and then I telnet to the
> machine.

  Likewise.

> But I wane connect some terminals to the PDP-11 at the VCFe, so
> the visitors can log in play around.

  Not a bad plan.

> [fsck trouble]
> >   Is the disk write-inhibited?
> No. It seams that I made the mistake to reboot using reboot(8) insted of
> power cycling the machine when fsck modified the file system. Didn't
> notice that / was mounted r/w.

  I typically use "reboot -n" in such circumstances.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual