On 2003.04.30 15:40 David Evans wrote: > I didn't see my other post go through; I got it only via private mail. > have you tried adding some comments > to the end of this line? Perhaps the autoconfig parser becomes > confused if there aren't any. Hmm. [...] I added comments at the end of the lines and now it works: April 30 17:29:29 init: configure system dhv ? csr 160440 vector 310 didn't interrupt. ra 0 csr 172150 vector 154 vectorset attached ra 1 csr 160334 vector 764 vectorset attached rx ? csr 177170 vector 264 skipped: No CSR. tms 0 csr 174500 vector 260 vectorset attached ts 0 csr 172520 vector 224 attached cn 1 csr 176540 vector 344 attached cn 2 csr 176550 vector 354 attached cn 3 csr 176560 vector 364 attached Hmmm. No manpage for cn/dl/kl? Major / minor device numbers? [reading the kernel source] Aha. /dev/ttyl1 is what I am looking for. But the interrupt vector seams to be wrong. But still trouble with the dhv. Maybe wrong interrupt vector too? Maybe I compile a kernel with support for a DZQ11... > > But I would prefere to get the DHV11 working. It seams that this > > device is more suitable for multi user operation. > Mine is at least correctly identified by autoconfig, though I've > never attached a terminal to it to see whether the ports actually do > anything. Normaly I use the console for booting only and then I telnet to the machine. But I wane connect some terminals to the PDP-11 at the VCFe, so the visitors can log in play around. [fsck trouble] > Is the disk write-inhibited? No. It seams that I made the mistake to reboot using reboot(8) insted of power cycling the machine when fsck modified the file system. Didn't notice that / was mounted r/w. -- tschüß, Jochen Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/