On 2003.04.30 11:43 Steven M. Schultz wrote: > > Sounds like a funny bug? > Yes, it does. A bug in the parsing. Why it does not affect > all the lines is unknown. Perhaps some trailing whitespace > caused the parser to exhibit the bug. Maybe I get some time at the VCFE to investigate this. (Showing visitors "live hacking". ;-) ) > > But if I try to use /dev/ttyl1 I get a message about a unknown > interrupt > > and the output of /dev/ttyl1 hangs after the first character. > What is the exact message? Sorry don't know. I may be able to reproduce the error later. I got PSU trouble when I wanted to do this yesterday... > That would seem to indicate that the device is interrupting > but not at the expected vector. If I use a different vector (e.g. 404) it tells me that the vector is wrong when booting. Maybe I can use a VAX with NetBSD for some "probing".... > > I have a M3106 DZQ11 that I can use instead. > Definitely worth trying. But when I was compiling the kernel with the new driver the machine crashed. The PSU simply stoped working. :-((( It worked again when I pulled all non-essential cards and the TK50. Maybe I overloaded the PSU? Maybe I will need a new PSU soon? If everything fails I can use the BA215 for the PDP-11. I have several spare PSUs for that box. But a BA215 is not the "right", "contemporary" enclosure for PDP-11/73. > I did the the same thing - wondered why I could never get a > clean file system. Then I realized what was going on. Nice to hear that I am not the only one who made that mistake. ;-) -- tschüß, Jochen Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz