The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] 1972-era unix src found
@ 2003-10-21 20:41 Fred N. van Kempen
From: Fred N. van Kempen @ 2003-10-21 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hiyas,

I just unearthed a unix source tree that seems to be dated 1972.  is that of interest, or do
we already have it?

Cheers,
	Fred

--
    InterNetworking, Network Security and Communications Consultants
     MicroWalt Corporation (Netherlands), Postbus 8, 1400 AA BUSSUM

Dit  bericht  en  eventuele bijlagen is  uitsluitend  bestemd  voor  de
geadresseerde.  Openbaarmaking,   vermenigvuldiging,  verspreiding  aan
derden  is  niet  toegestaan.   Er   wordt   geen  verantwoordelijkheid
genomen  voor de juiste en  volledige  overbrenging van  de inhoud  van
dit bericht, noch voor de tijdige ontvangst ervan.

* [pups] 1972-era unix src found
@ 2003-10-21 20:56 ` Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2003-10-21 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello (again) from Gregg C Levine
I don't know about the group at large, Fred, but to me, it is indeed
of interest. I think the servers that host our list, do have it,
stored someplace, but I'm not sure. A suggestion, write private
message to the Owner Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org , of the list,
explaining the details. I think he'd be happy to add the details.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

@ 2003-10-21 22:38 ` Greg 'groggy' Lehey
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey @ 2003-10-21 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, 21 October 2003 at 22:41:31 +0200, Fred N. van Kempen wrote:
> Hiyas,
>

> I just unearthed a unix source tree that seems to be dated 1972.  is
> that of interest,

Most definitely!

> or do we already have it?

The only stuff we have is dmr's nsys code from this era (January
1973).  It's only the kernel.  My guess is that your code would almost
certainly be different, though if it's in C it's unlikely to be quite
that old.  Please put it up somewhere and I'm sure that Warren will
pull it across to the archives pretty soon.  In the meantime, I'd
certainly like to take a look at it.

Greg