The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] SCO File List - Sort Of
@ 2003-11-12  7:19 Rhys Weatherley
From: Rhys Weatherley @ 2003-11-12  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Groklaw has one of SCO's legal filings in the SCO/IBM case up that contains a
list of files that they claim contain infringing material:

It seems to be basically "grep -r (SMP|IBM|NUMA|JFS) /usr/src/linux" with
little filtering of the output.  The list contains filenames but not the
actual line numbers of the supposedly infringing code.  So it is pretty
useless, but is more of a starting point than we've had to date.

I've got dibs on 48 hours in the "how long it takes for the community to find
prior public domain sources for all of the above" pool. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.

* [TUHS] SCO File List - Sort Of
@ 2003-11-12 13:34 ` Kurt Wall
From: Kurt Wall @ 2003-11-12 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Consuming 0.8K bytes, Rhys Weatherley blathered:
> Groklaw has one of SCO's legal filings in the SCO/IBM case up that contains a
> list of files that they claim contain infringing material:
>
>     http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20031111020447263
>
> It seems to be basically "grep -r (SMP|IBM|NUMA|JFS) /usr/src/linux" with
> little filtering of the output.  The list contains filenames but not the
> actual line numbers of the supposedly infringing code.  So it is pretty
> useless, but is more of a starting point than we've had to date.
>
> I've got dibs on 48 hours in the "how long it takes for the community to find
> prior public domain sources for all of the above" pool. :-)

I'll see your 48 hours and raise you to 36. ;-)

Kurt
--
f u cn rd ths, itn tyg h myxbl cd.