On 2003.11.13 00:06 Johnny Billquist wrote: > Not to demean that effort, but don't the Germans have a Z4 still > working in a museum? That would mean something like 1942. 1942 would be the Z3, the first computer ever. The Z3 that is in the Deutsches Museum is AFAIK a rebuild of the original one. (Rebuild under the supervision of Konrad Zuse himself.) I don't know if the Z4 is still around. Google for "Konrad Zuse" and / or his son "Horst Zuse". Horst Zuse has put much effort in documenting the work of his father. I know that there is a Zuse Z23 in Karlsruhe. It was build in 1956, based on electron tubes, core and drum memory and it is still fully functional! -- tschüß, Jochen Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/