Learn is free. At least it's author, some unherad of guy named Brian Kernighan is making it publicly available on the Net through his web page :-) http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/ It's been there for a long while. I had a similar problem with novice users some years ago, and remembered good old faithful 'learn' from Ultrix. I also remembered having compiled it at some point in OSF/1. So I went to the net and started a search, and lo! there it was at Brian's page. I ported it to IRIX, which is where I had said novice users, and being at it, to Linux as well. I must have the ported code somewhere but I'm on Holidays now. A look at AIX and Tru64 revealed it is still there in new versions of these, which proved great for me: DWK code did not come with all the lessons I had used before, and I could just copy the lessons from these systems over and use them with the port. Therefore, yes, it is free, it is available on the Net, I have already ported it to modern systems, and the lessons are still distributed with some commercial UNIX variants should you need them. j -- These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first! José R. Valverde De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural