The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Just a bit of (Intel BSD) history
@ 2004-03-02  8:25 Wesley Parish
From: Wesley Parish @ 2004-03-02  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Sokolov, I notice you're quite fond of the 4.3BSD family, and regard
it as the One True Un*x.

If you'll go to http://masalai.free.fr/386BSD.tar.gz, you'll find Bill
Jolitz's 386BSD 1.0 - mostly the source code.  (I've also got the 386BSD 0.0
source files on my machine - about a decade after I almost got them
downloaded but decided not to because Linux was marginally cheaper in terms
of disk numbers.  I'll have to mount them loopback and copy the files off
them.)

And perhaps it can be placed with the other 4.3BSD family members in the
appropriate minnie.tuhs directory, Warren?
--
Wesley Parish
* * *

* [TUHS] Just a bit of (Intel BSD) history
@ 2004-03-02  8:32 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2004-03-02  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:25:27PM +1300, Wesley Parish wrote:
> Michael Sokolov, I notice you're quite fond of the 4.3BSD family, and regard
> it as the One True Un*x.
>
> If you'll go to http://masalai.free.fr/386BSD.tar.gz, you'll find Bill
> Jolitz's 386BSD 1.0 - mostly the source code.  (I've also got the 386BSD 0.0
> source files on my machine - about a decade after I almost got them
> downloaded but decided not to because Linux was marginally cheaper in terms
> of disk numbers.  I'll have to mount them loopback and copy the files off
> them.)
>
> And perhaps it can be placed with the other 4.3BSD family members in the
> appropriate minnie.tuhs directory, Warren?

It's at ftp://minnie.tuhs.org/BSD and I suppose I should move these
into the archive.

	Warren