The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] simh+Quasijarus success
@ 2004-08-11 10:26 Sergey Lapin
From: Sergey Lapin @ 2004-08-11 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, all!!!
Still trying to implement multi-user unix-learning environment.

So, I run simh with Quasijarus, when I telnet to port, that is redirected
from serial, it automatically picks up unused line, that is fine, and
eleminates a need for reconfiguration.

But there is something interesting: I want to implement possibility to
allow outgoing connections from emulated VAX. As I understand, 4.3BSD
supports SLIP protocol. And I can get SLIP working through emulated serial
line. So, the problem is:

1. How it was used to setup SLIP lines in 4.3BSD? :)
2. The other end - will slirp package work in such case?

All the best, and thanks for all help,

S.