On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:26:21 +0000 "Jose R. Valverde" wrote: > But I understood the orioginal post to refer to other Ultrix sources. > Ultrix had a long -and interesting- life after 32V. It was ported to > MIPS machines, and was -AFAIK- the first ever port of UNIX to a 64 bit > machine as the initial Unix for DEC alpha machines. I doubt that Ultrix was ported to Alpha. DEC was working on OSF/1 before Alpha machines where available. Initial OSF/1 Versions where MIPS for DECstations. -- tschüß, Jochen Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/