The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] we break into AOS/VS :)
@ 2005-09-01 21:04 asbesto
From: asbesto @ 2005-09-01 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://zaverio.net/eclipse/eflags/

we hacked in! :)

--
[ asbesto : IW9HGS : freaknet medialab : radiocybernet : poetry ]
[ http://freaknet.org/asbesto http://papuasia.org/radiocybernet ]
[ http://www.emergelab.org :: NON SCRIVERMI USANDO LE ACCENTATE ]
[ *I DELETE* EMAIL > 100K, ATTACHMENTS, HTML, M$-WORD DOC, SPAM ]

From: Andrzej Popielewicz @ 2005-09-02 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Użytkownik asbesto napisał:

>http://zaverio.net/eclipse/eflags/
>
>we hacked in! :)

Congratulations.
If I were You I would not touch AOS/VS disk. There is no warranty , that
You will be able to install UX or restore AOS from tape and You can end
up with two not working systems. Try to find another disk and then
install UX if possible.

I have spent 8 years on IBM mainframe so I have "sympathy" for these old
machines.

Andrzej

* [TUHS] we break into AOS/VS :)
@ 2005-09-02 11:37   ` asbesto
From: asbesto @ 2005-09-02 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Il Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:23:55PM +0200, Andrzej Popielewicz rigurgitava:

> >http://zaverio.net/eclipse/eflags/
> >we hacked in! :)
> Congratulations.

tnx :)

> If I were You I would not touch AOS/VS disk. There is no warranty , that
> You will be able to install UX or restore AOS from tape and You can end
> up with two not working systems. Try to find another disk and then
> install UX if possible.

that's our problem - we don't have AOS/VS installation tapes, this
is very strange. we only have DG/UX installation tapes, but the
system itself use AOS/VS ... :(

the main problem is :

- how to do a full disk backup of the actual system, and
- how to RESTORE IT back in the eclipse having a working AOS/VS
  again!

really we don't know how to do this; we can't find informations about
AOS/VS, the only manual is Phrack Magazine #44 :(

the best is to have AOS/VS installation tapes - where can we search for
them ?

BOOOH :(

now we are studying AOS/VS, maybe in the next days we can offer free
access to the machine (it's the main goal of our lab: let people use
those old computers; we have 2 digital VAX/VMS online now, it's our
idea of having a "working" museum :)

> I have spent 8 years on IBM mainframe so I have "sympathy" for these old
> machines.

me too! :)