The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] UNIX as literature
@ 2006-06-08  6:06 Wolfgang Helbig
From: Wolfgang Helbig @ 2006-06-08  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg,

After I read all of it consulting my dictionary a lot one question remains:
What are "Cliffs Notes"?

Regards,
Wolfgang

--
Weniger, aber besser.

* [TUHS] UNIX as literature
@ 2006-06-09 12:41 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2006-06-09 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Berny:

  This reminded me of a time not so long ago when I was seated in Starbucks in
  Menlo Park enjoying my Caramel Macchiato Venti and overhearing a heated
  debate between 6 or 7 guys about the GUI vs. command line issue. It seemed
  to start when a couple of guys in one party, seemingly unknown to the other
  party, who were talking about kde, rudely butted in to their conversation.
  Anyway the debate got so verbal that in the end they were all ushered out of
  Starbucks in an effort to keep the peace. How funny it was.

=======

The Linux crowd is indeed ruder and more argumentative than the
hackers of my youth.

Maybe it's because they hang out in Starbucks, rather than in
all-night terminal rooms with Coke machines down the hall.

Or maybe it's just my memory.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON
Somewhat more than 30 years into the disease

[parent not found: <mailman.364.1149808191.1130.tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>]
[parent not found: <447E9540.2020003@io.dk>]