The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [Unix-jun72] organization of fs tree
@ 2008-05-11 21:44 Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2008-05-11 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

The new boot stuff that James provided has more fs/usr files.  How
do we want to organize this in the tree?  Do we just mix it with the
fs2 bits?  Do we enter it as part of the new bits?

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/

* [Unix-jun72] organization of fs tree
@ 2008-05-11 22:00 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2008-05-11 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:44:50AM -1000, Tim Newsham wrote:
> The new boot stuff that James provided has more fs/usr files.  How
> do we want to organize this in the tree?  Do we just mix it with the
> fs2 bits?  Do we enter it as part of the new bits?

I'd argue: if it's known original bits, put it in fs/. If it's a full
or partial reconstruction, put it in fs/new. That way we can tell what's
original and what's not.

	Warren