The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: wkt@tuhs.org (Warren Toomey)
Subject: [Unix-jun72] s1 fragments are now in the svn repository
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:34:26 +1000	[thread overview]

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:46:08AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> I have just spent some time reconciling the differences between Doug's s1
> fragment reconstruction and mine: we both had roughly the same # of errors,
> and having the other's work was great. The repository has all the files in
> src/cmd. I have not tried to assemble all of them yet, so any reports here
> would be good. Remember, the C files will not compile with the existing
> compiler.

Most of the files assemble, and I've created a "mak" script to do so under
1st Edition. C files are out, they need a later language than the last1120c
compiler. We are missing some files for bas. The dc and form source uses
"new" instructions like mul and ashc, which the existing V1 "as" binary
does not understand, but the assembler in source code does understand,
so these may still be assembled.

	Warren