The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] SysIII for the Vax
@ 2008-07-23 10:02 Jose R. Valverde
From: Jose R. Valverde @ 2008-07-23 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

About one year ago I found installation tapes for System III for the VAX
somewhere on the Net. Unfortunately I can't find the original URL on disk
any longer, neither on my bookmarks and a Google search does not find
anything now.

The distribution is available as tap archives, and you can find it on

	ftp://ftp.es.embnet.org/pub/misc/os/UNIX/sysIII

As four files.

My questions are:

	- as this is the only copy I can find now on the Net, would it
make sense to save it also on TUHS and mirrors?

	- the tap tools do not seem to recognize contents (dtp seems to
identify the first file) and I am currently too busy to further investigate.
Could someone with spare time have a look at them?

	- a strings of tape1/set1 seems to reveal that it only supports
an RP06 at NEXUS 8 and a TE16 at NEXUS 9. Could someone with more time
have a try at them using SIMH?

Thanks.

	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural