On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:57:01PM -0400, Jason Stevens wrote: > On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Larry McVoy wrote: > > I added TCP/IP to SCO which is some sort of sys v thing (I think, it's > > been a lot of years).  I think Lachman (where I was working at the > > time) did a lot of streams based TCP/IP, they may have done one for > > the vax. > > I've seen lots of sco stuff say it's SYSV... like Xenix 2.3.4 ... So I > guess it's not outside of that realm. It's too bad SCO never did > bundle the dev kit & networking or that Linux thing probably never > would have gained commercial traction.. but then that's just my wild > guess. I doubt it - we (bitkeeper folks) still support sco and it sucks. It's like time stood still and nothing was added. > > But why would you want it?  It was a steaming pile of sh*t. > > Morbid curiosity I guess... seeing as it's basically all but dead. I > guess the SYSV stuff we ran on the 3B2's was more modern, and 'usable' > just as SYSVr3 (AIX) certainly was/is. The 3b2's were ok. I liked the ATT Unix PC, 3b1 (?). My roomate and I in college both bought those and did a lot of hacking on them. -- --- Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com