The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] looking for 4.3BSD Berkeley software License Agreement
@ 2010-11-10 16:09 Jeremy C. Reed
From: Jeremy C. Reed @ 2010-11-10 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone have a scanned (or text) copy of the 4.3BSD License Agreement
from 1986 they can send me?

Much of the code shipped in 4.3BSD says ``The Berkeley software License
Agreement specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution.'' As
far as I can see, it is not included in the source, nor in the Univ. of
Wisconsin fork, and not in Tahoe release.

I do have the agreement between UC and AT&T and copies of some of their
letters during that period clarifying the licensing.

The Net1 release included the license agreement in the source files. But
does anyone have a separate license agreement for Net1 too? (The README
seems to imply there was a separate license agreement too.)

I am also looking for addendum for Tahoe and the addendum for Reno. And
was there any agreement to sign for those who chose to pay for statement
that Net2 was freely redistributal (I guess that wouldn't make sense)?

* [TUHS] looking for 4.3BSD Berkeley software License Agreement
@ 2010-11-10 21:38 ` Greg 'groggy' Lehey
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey @ 2010-11-10 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, 10 November 2010 at 10:09:31 -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Anyone have a scanned (or text) copy of the 4.3BSD License Agreement
> from 1986 they can send me?

I suppose you've looked on the CSRG CD set, right?

Greg
--
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.
This message is digitally signed.  See
* [TUHS] looking for 4.3BSD Berkeley software License Agreement
@ 2010-11-10 21:53   ` Larry McVoy
From: Larry McVoy @ 2010-11-10 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:38:45AM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 November 2010 at 10:09:31 -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Anyone have a scanned (or text) copy of the 4.3BSD License Agreement
> > from 1986 they can send me?
>
> I suppose you've looked on the CSRG CD set, right?

I just happened to have that sitting on the table in front of me and it
says go look at http://www.mckusick.com/csrg/ which I haven't done
because I'm swamped.  But that may help
--
---