The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: cowan@mercury.ccil.org (John Cowan)
Subject: [TUHS] b remnants?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:08:28 -0400	[thread overview]

Derrik Walker scripsit:

> Many, many eons ago, in the early '90's, there was an implementation
> of B for Linux ( I believe it was written in C, ironically enough ).
> I think it was part of a bigger collection of "ancient" software for
> Linux that use to be around in the early Slackware days.

The Retrocomputing Museum at http://www.catb.org/retro/ has what purports
to be a B-to-C translator at http://www.catb.org/retro/ , but looking
at it, it appears to be about BCPL rather than B proper.  In any case,
it has missing files and won't build.

John Cowan        http://ccil.org/~cowan   cowan at ccil.org
Lope de Vega: "It wonders me I can speak at all.  Some caitiff rogue
did rudely yerk me on the knob, wherefrom my wits yet wander."
An Englishman: "Ay, belike a filchman to the nab'll leave you
crank for a spell." --Harry Turtledove, Ruled Britannia