The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Downloadable Usenet groups?
@ 2011-12-01 22:45 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2011-12-01 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Also, is there a place where I can download archives of Usenet groups
in a plain text format? I think I've got v6.bugs and v7.bugs and some
of comp.sources.unix. I just came across net.unix on Google Groups,
but I'd rather not have to wget all that HTML!

Thanks,
	Warren

* [TUHS] Downloadable Usenet groups?
@ 2011-12-05 18:13 ` Jacob Goense
From: Jacob Goense @ 2011-12-05 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Also, is there a place where I can download archives of Usenet groups
> in a plain text format? I think I've got v6.bugs and v7.bugs and some
> of comp.sources.unix. I just came across net.unix on Google Groups,
> but I'd rather not have to wget all that HTML!

The UTZOO tapes come to mind..

I have an extracted copy of
  http://www.archive.org/details/utzoo-wiseman-usenet-archive and
can tar/compress a selection based on the Newsgroups: line for you if
you want. I can eg. include net.unix-wizzards, exclude cross posts etc.

Kind regards,

/Jacob