The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] MERT available anywhere?
@ 2014-05-18 12:05 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2014-05-18 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know if the source for an early PDP-11 version of MERT is
available anywhere?

(For those who aren't familiar with MERT, it was a micro-kernel [as we would
name it now] which provided message-passing and [potentially shared] memory
segments, intended for real-time applications; it supported several levels of
protection, using the 'Supervisor' mode available in the 11/45 and 11/70. One
set of supervisor processes provided a Unix environment; the combination was
called UNIX/RT - hence my asking about it here.)

Thanks!

	Noel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-18 12:05 UTC | newest]