Ronald Natalie wrote: >> On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:48 PM, Oliver Lehmann wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> does someone know where "u" is defined on SYSIII or V7? >> >> sys/user.h states: >> >> extern struct user u; >> >> But I wonder where it is defined? On ZEUS I have u.o but I'm >> not able to correctly disassemble it. Right now I'm guessing >> that it should be something like: >> > > In Version 7 it’s in /usr/sys/h/user.h There is the definition of the user struct and the declaration of "u" as _external_ variable. I'm looking for the place where u is "implemented". Without a definition of "u" somewhere _u will caus a symbol undefined error.