Ronald Natalie wrote: > Someone “sanitized” your include directory. > > Take a look here in the browsable > archives...http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=SysIII/usr/include/sys/user.h Where do you see u defined? I only see it declared as external: extern struct user u; You need one single global u definition (memory reservation) so all sources accessing u accessing the same struct, don't you? At least this is what I have here and there is also the memory adress in my param.h: # define UBASE 0x3E00F600 /* kernel virtual addr of user struct */ This is where "u" is located on my system.