Clem Cole scripsit: > Rik in his role as the editor of ;login is going to try work with Doug and > to get something "published" into the next edition which should satisfy the > Wikipedia folks. There is a minor issue is that Rik is technically past > the deadline but due to the holiday, there are a few days of grace that the > workers putting the issue together have said they will thankfully try to > handle. > > So maybe we can have get this fixed shortly. I don't think so. Is ;login: a peer-reviewed journal? It doesn't look like it to me. Still, the current state says: The origin of the name cron is from the Greek word for time, χρόνος (chronos), according to its author Ken Thompson[2][better source needed]. Others have suggested that the name comes from the Greek God Chronos[3] or that it is an acronym for "Command Run On Notice"[4] or "Commands Run Over Night",[5] but the references lack substantiation. Even if someone is still grumbling on the talk page, that doesn't substantially misrepresent anything that I can see. -- John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan cowan at ccil.org Is it not written, "That which is written, is written"?