The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] RIP J.F.Ossanna
@ 2016-11-27 22:15 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2016-11-27 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

We lost J.F.Ossanna in 1977; he had a hand in developing Unix, and was
responsible for "roff" and its descendants.  Remember him, the next time
you see "jfo" in documentation.

* [TUHS] RIP J.F.Ossanna
@ 2016-11-28  0:11 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2016-11-28  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry McVoy:

  I've always morned that he died so early.  I would have liked to talk
  to him, I love troff to this day.

====

Me too (s/morn/mourn/, of course).  I might even have had the
chance to work with him.

The original UNIX crowd were all really neat characters, albeit
sometimes a trifle overly characterful.  All nice guys to work
with, too, at least those who were still around when I was at
1127.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON

* [TUHS] RIP J.F.Ossanna
@ 2017-11-27 22:05 Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2017-11-27 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

We lost J.F. Ossanna on this day in 1977; he had a hand in developing
Unix, and was responsible for "roff" and its descendants.  Remember him,
the next time you see "jfo" in Unix documentation.