The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: lm@mcvoy.com (Larry McVoy)
Subject: [TUHS] Also, what missing stuff do we still need to search for?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 16:28:04 -0800	[thread overview]

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 10:24:21AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 09:09:57PM +0200, Arnold Robbins wrote:
> > Since Larry started the wish-listing of people we'd like to see on the list.
>
> Also, it's time to ask for any outstanding software, documentation, anecdotes,
> information that we still have not yet collected. Anybody with tapes in a
> cupboard/under the bed? Anybody with paper documents that have not yet been
> scanned in?

I've already asked Clem but I'd love the troff source the network programming
overview (or programmer's guide, whatever it was called it was the intro to
programming with sockets).  The one that Masscomp did.  It was by far the
best version of that stuff I've ever seen.  Be fun to update that or just
post it.

Sun's intro manuals were pretty good.

There isn't any legal way to get the SunOS 4.1.3 source, is there?  Last
4.x release I worked on I believe.

--lm